Thursday, December 3, 2009

Don't Spit into da Wind.

So this happens to me far more often than I would like to admit.....

I love the mountains and living at the mouth of Logan Canyon is such a dream for me! When I have the time and the weather is decent, my favorite thing to do is ride my bike to First Dam (the mouth of Logan Canyon) and then I run the Bonneville Shoreline Trail from Logan Canyon to Green Canyon and back, then I ride my bike home. When I exercise I tend to spit a lot and the wind from the canyon poses a problem. When I run I do fine because I always spit to the side because I don't want to step in it. But the past few times I've gotten on my bike after running and I'm zooming down the hill to get home, I forget. I get a huge "loogie" and just spit! As soon as I do this I think to myself "Really Robyn? Do you ever learn?!" Some of you may already know that I'm "legally blind" in my left eye due to amblyopia (lazy eye) so I depend heavily on the eyesight of my right eye. The answer to your question is, yes. I spit into the wind and my loogie came right back and got me in my good eye. The fact that the sun was setting and blinding wasn't helping matters much either. I don't know how I pulled it off, but I didn't wreck and I was able to stop and remove the spit from my face. REALLY Robyn?!

No comments:

Post a Comment