Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Owl City Concert = A Crowd Full of 12-17 yr Olds and Their Parentals....

Last night I went to the "Owl City" concert at Saltair. It was way fun, but only because I went with Travis and we made it fun. After running through the rain and wind and then waiting in line at will-call, we finally made it into the concert. As we looked around we noticed a sea of braces, acne, and hyper children. But don't worry because we also saw bored, wrinkled, bugged parentals. Perfect conditions, right?! So we get in the crowd and finally settle into a spot when I looked over and saw the most glorious sight of all....an Asian teenage boy. He was so happy to be there. He had glasses and in true Asian-fashion, a camera to record every song!! When he started singing the words to all the songs, I knew I was in love.
If you're starting to feel bad for Travis because I found my soul-mate, don't. He had two "hip" mothers drooling over him!! Yep, they followed us around THE WHOLE CONCERT!! They were so excited to see the band and be in the teenage scene. It was really hard to navigate through this concert because everyone just stood there and didn't move....at all. Me and Travis (and the moms) were the only ones dancing. We taught "the moms" how to mosh- talk about funny! Then we were joking about having them crowd-surf to the front and they got even more excited. Wow.
All I can say is that I don't think I will be forgetting that experience any time soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment