
My sweet boyfriend is in North Carolina this summer selling security systems to a bunch of people in the ghetto. Most of these people are black, in fact, he told me last night that he's starting to not like white people. He says that "they think too much, black people don't- they just buy." hahahaha
Needless to say I've been a little worried, especially when he tells me that he's in an area where there was a shooting just last week...... for the past two and a half weeks I've been thinking he's the one in danger when I found out on a walk with my dog, that I'm in more danger than him!!
I was walking my dog last week (I say this loosely because she gets so excited and ends up "walking" me) on the safe, quiet streets of good old West Bountiful, when a car drives by and a passenger in the backseat rolls his window down. It all happened so fast! One second I'm minding my own business and the next a black man with a gun is shooting me! I was stunned! I didn't wake up that morning with the idea that I might be involved in a drive-by shooting. My life flashed before my eyes....it wasn't until I heard a small giggle that I snapped out of it. I looked behind me and saw a 4 or 5 year old little black boy hanging out the window of the car with his brightly colored water gun still pointed at me.
If I can survive something like this, walking down the streets of the Bronx after dark will be nothing!!



No comments:
Post a Comment