14 years ago
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Old Man.
Greetings loved ones!! Just a little bit of an update....this summer I'm a Building Coordinator for EFY- basically I'm a counselor to the counselors and I plan the activities. Last week me and my team of BC's and the Field Coordinators were in Forest Grove, OR at Pacific University. It was quite the experience. The coordinators, Tyler and Amanda, picked me up from the airport and then we went straight to the University for a meeting with the team. In the middle of our meeting an old man walked into the room asking if we knew where the attic was located....Huh? This man was about 70-80 ish....then he proceeded to tell us that 50 some-odd years ago when he was living and going to school at PU someone stole his sheets and that he wanted to check the attic for them. I nick-named him "Mr. Lost His Sheets." Later that same afternoon we were in another meeting training the counselors when Mr. Losthissheets came in again! He burst through the door and walked right up to the front of the room and proceeded to show us and tell us all about the brand new medal around his neck! Then he swore a few times and left. Wow. Now I wish I could say that this was the last run in with Losthissheets, but it wasn't. As a campus tour was going, the kind sir was up in his dorm room changing his shirt, so naturally he decided to "shake-it" in front of all the EFY counselors. It turns out Losthissheets was there for an alumni ceremony and the building where we were at was where the "nap rooms" were. Yep. They had nap rooms for the alumni weekend because they knew that the old people would be getting tired and need a little napper....I just knew that this was only the beginning of a fantastic week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment