Thursday, July 1, 2010

Vladmir.

So, my first week of EFY last week was one for the books. I was in charge of "Variety Show" and couldn't be more excited to see what the kids were gonna do! We had a girl perform ASL to Party in the USA, a unicyclist, a magician, and then there was Vladmir. Oh Vlad!! He was hilarious. His family moved to America from Russia when he was pretty little and now they live in Arizona. He is short and stalky and has braces, quite the 14 year old. For Variety Show we got Vlad to do a dance from the movie Hot-Rod. He even got fliers to make it more realistic, except there was one problem. This dance has quite the suggestive moves seeing as all the dance entails is hip-thrusting. I explained to Vlad that he could only move his arms and it took him a while to get the hang of it, but he finally did. Right before the show he got cold feet, but I gave him a pep-talk and he did it. He was the star of the show....and of the week. I miss Vlad.

No comments:

Post a Comment