Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Dentist.....Another Tale.

Okay, so Dr. Looney Toone really pushed it this time.....really. First, I get a shot to numb me up. Instead of leaving while it starts to kick in, Dr. Looney Toone just stayed and decided to chat. And what was the topic? None other than gays and locker room showers! REALLY?! He was talking about how in high school (80 yrs ago) he played a lot of sports, a lot....and how he was always showering in the locker room with other guys. Back then you didn't have to worry about anything because everyone maintained eye-contact....but now-a-days, you have to watch out. Really? What made him think he could talk about that? Ew.

As always, there is plenty more where that came from. I was his first patient of the day and he decided to inform me that the "theme of the day" in his office was Excellence. In honor of the Olympics, he decided to lecture me on striving to be excellent. "Robyn, I know a figure skater from the Czech Republic and you should see his house. He built all the cabinets, staircases, wood floors, everything! And he can still skate even though he's old. He's probably about the same age as Scott Hamilton, maybe even older. He is in such better shape than Scott, I bet Scott doesn't still skate as much as my friend! He can still do all the jumps in the air and everything! Plus he knows 4 languages, he is just excellent." Yep, he went there. Too bad not only his hands were in my mouth, but also the assistant's so I couldn't inform him that the reason why Scott Hamilton isn't in as good shape as Looney's 'friend' is because he battled cancer....and he won.....bet Mr. Excellent hasn't done that!!

Oh, Dr. Looney Toone.....who are you?! REALLY?!!!

1 comment:

  1. Robyn, this is so funny I ALMOST want to switch dentists to him. I said ALMOST...

    ReplyDelete