Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Golfing Asian.

After church on Sunday I decided to take the dog for a walk. (It seems that a lot of my stories come from experiences with this dog.....and they tend to be a little racist. My bad.) There is a new trail that goes along the east side of the West Bountiful Lakeside golf course, just west of where my dad grew up, and it's where a railroad track used to be that I played on when I was little with my best friend, Rachael. Yes, we played on railroad tracks....get over it. Anyways, as we near the golf course I see a little Crasian (Crazy Asian). She is in her mid-twenties, wearing long leggings with a flowing skirt and top with no shoes. It was very windy that day so she was already a mess, but then she started to run. We all know that golf is a legitimate sport, right? But you don't see people run in this sport unless you are watching or re-enacting the character played by Adam Sandler in "Happy Gilmore." Every time this Crasian would hit the ball, which was seldom and not very far, she would then run at full-speed to go and hit it again. I was fascinated. Was this her first time playing? Do they have golf where she's from? Why did that man she is with think it was a good idea to bring her golfing? Were they on a date? I don't know any of the answers to these questions, and frankly I don't care because every time I get sad I can think back and imagine the Crasian playing her very own rendition of the sport of golf.

1 comment:

  1. How in the WORLD did I not know about your blog until now?! Killin' me smalls.

    ReplyDelete